Me and Daniel

Me and Daniel
Me and my then 8 year old son, 20 years ago.

Monday 25 August 2014

Getting Away


After spending the last few days on an impromptu road trip, I could not get this classic Gordon Lightfoot song out of my head.
Getting away for a few days is an excellent way to reset yourself.
 Rekindle old dreams, discover new possibilities, add new to the old and shake....okay, I may be placing a lot of pressure on a few short days out of town, but just to breathe different air for a while is some how energizing.
To see a different landscape makes you appreciate your own even more, whether it's the actual landscape, or the landscape of your life....either that or it prompts you to make a necessary change.

Here's to summer time road trips, good friends, and change.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eve How right you are my dear! A change of scenery is always good for the soul! I always loved this song. Thanks and I sure hope you and yours have a wonderful week ahead! "HUGS"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ron! It's true, sometimes you gotta get away. Good music helps so much on a road trip, or just in life in general..Hope you and your family are well and happy. Hugs back to ya!

      Delete
  2. I love road trips, and that's a great road trip song. (Reminds I don't think that I have any Gordon Lightfoot. I need to remedy that.) Road trips are good for blowing out the cobwebs and putting a new perspective on things. Kind of like taking a step outside yourself. I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane!! This is awesome, I'm so happy you're blogging! Everyone needs to check out your blog, you're an excellent artist! Yeah, Gordon Lightfoot is a Canadian hero...you should get a bunch of his stuff! Hope things are going good for you and you're liking your first steps into the blogging world.

      Delete

Comments are most appreciated.