Me and Daniel

Me and Daniel
Me and my then 8 year old son, 20 years ago.

Thursday 9 October 2014

All Those Years Ago

If you're a fan of John Lennon, then this post is right up your alley! If you're not a fan, then you might want to skip this one...



Seventy four years ago today, John Lennon was born in Liverpool, England.
The rest is history.
And I just can't picture him at 74! I think he would have been a cool old man though. 


This is George Harrison's tribute to John,
 All Those Years Ago:


This one is a discussion of one of my favourite John Lennon songs, 
God. 
It's true, in the end, when everything is stripped away, all you have is yourself.


This one is definitely worth a listen. 
Instant Karma.....classic.
Notice a blindfolded Yoko catching up on some knitting in the background.
It's almost like a surrealist painting....Dali could have made good use of whatever gnarled garment it is she's making. 
Maybe she's making more blindfolds!



And finally, #9 Dream....this does have a dreamy feel, the superimposing of their faces.... I was wondering if this mash-up actually looked like their son Sean when he grew up.....hmmmm.....
John Lennon was controversial, gifted, and real. 
It's funny that he's been dead for the entire lives of all my children...well, not 'funny', but you know, odd. Odd because I, and I think most of us, remember him being among us....you know, alive, for so long, saying things and singing songs, and to my kids John Lennon has always been 'the dead Beatle'.
Once someone's been dead for long enough though, the memories of them being alive are harder and harder to dredge up. 
I think that's true even if you didn't actually know the person. Actually, it's probably more true then, because we have no personal memories of them. But still, they can pack a wallop in our lives. And we do have all the music, or films, or whatever it is they left, to look at and listen to whenever we want, thanks to the computer age! So that's a bonus.
There are those people who's deaths are such a blow in popular culture, that we remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when they died.
Kennedy has that effect. I was a small child then, so I don't remember the assassination, only the stories and the footage, but the people who were cognisant adults on November 22, 1963, can pretty much tell you exactly where they were when they heard the news.
John Lennon's death definitely had that effect on people, as did Elvis and Michael Jackson.
Anyways, I digest. Here's the song.


That's it for my tribute to John Lennon on his 74th birthday. 
This December 8 will be the 34th anniversary of his death!
God, are we THAT old?!

10 comments:

  1. I've never really been a fan of the Beatles or of Lennon.
    George is the only one I ever got into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew! I am mad for the Beatles. I love John Lennon, and Paul McCartney, but my favourite was always George Harrison! He was so humble and so insightful. Loved him!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to start typing my comments in Word so that if it messes up on me, I can just copy/paste it again. Sorry Eva, I'll have to try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Jane! I finally got my computer sorted out, I hope! It started off just being super slow and irritating...then I started getting so many pop-ups and redirects...god I hate it! I want to get a Mac book.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, Mac's the best. I'd have a Mac if they weren't so expensive. Some day.

      Delete
  3. As you know Eve Lennon was always one of my favs. His songwriting was just terrific. Such a shame his life was taken so early by another nutcase with a gun. Enjoy each moment. Hope all is well with you and yours. "HUGS"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ron!! You and I are on the same page when it comes to John Lennon. I don't think anyone can think about him without thinking about the way he died. It was so unexpected, shocking and just crazy.
      "hugs' back at ya!

      Delete
  4. You said your kids think of him as the "dead Beatle". Even sadder - I bought a Beatles CD a couple years ago and the clerk said she'd never heard of that group. Mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey LD!...I know I'm completely stunned when I hear of someone who's never heard of the Beatles! There are a few young people around here too, who've never heard of them, and those who have, know them through those games. It is mind boggling!

      Delete
  5. Just a couple of months ago, I gave this relationship doctor Robinson buckler a try. It was my last hope to get my ex husband back.

    Weeks before my ex left me and our 2 children, there were a lot of argument and fighting between me and him. On the day he left me, he told me that he doesn't think he loved me any more and this was not working. I was so devastated hearing this, I begged him not to go and I even promised that I would change. But he made up his mind already. He packed his bags and left our house.

    I tried calling him and texting him to tell him I miss him and still love him. I asked him to give us another chance. He slowly stopped replying to my messages and stopped picking up my calls.

    I then searched the internet on how to get ex back, and even bought a few products such as text your ex back and ex recovery system. Nothing worked, and my ex was still very cold towards me.

    When I was about to give up, I found Robinson buckler ex back program. He is a relationship coach with a lot of success stories. I knew what I needed was not a book but a coach to guide me how to make my ex fall in love with me again. I immediately signed up for his program.

    In the first couple of days, I made a lot of good progress. I am happier and more confident. My ex saw the positive changes in me, and started to talk to me more and even asked me out for dates.

    Fast forward two weeks later, my ex told me that he wants to give our relationship a second try. I was beyond happy when I heard that.

    Now, we are closer and happier together. It would not have happened without Robinson buckler help.

    I highly recommend_________________________________ R.buckler11@[[gmail.com]]

    if you are serious about getting back your ex.

    Win Ex lover back in 48 hours......

    He cures herpes with herbal mixture

    100% result guaranteed..

    -GENITAL AND ORAL HERPES

    -HPV

    -ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION

    –HEPATITIS A,B AND C

    -COLD SORE

    -SHINGLES

    -FIBROID

    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY…

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most appreciated.